About Minnesota Voice
Minnesota Voice is a coalition of organizations working toward permanent change in social, racial, and economic justice by increasing civic engagement and voter participation across the state, especially focused in underrepresented communities; making sure that every Minnesotans’ voice is heard and the state reflects the progressive values of its citizens. The table is one of 23 states in the State Voices national network.
The Executive Director will lead the vision and leadership to facilitate collective action between partner organizations of Color and underrepresented communities.
The Executive Director oversees development and execution of strategically coordinated state plans that maximize the priorities, resources and effectiveness of all partners, and reduce duplication of efforts in the areas of voter outreach, education, persuasion, and turnout. The Executive Director identifies resources for MN Voice’s nonpartisan civic engagement programs, manages staff and work with funders, oversees data collection, facilitates regular meetings of the MN Voice community partners, and maintains strong relationships with key allies. Finally, the Executive Director is responsible for the operations of MN Voice and working with State Voices, including budgeting, leadership team management, and organizational development. This position reports to the Minnesota Voice Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide Strategic Vision and Facilitation of Coalition Program: Plan and facilitate regular meetings for MN Voice to create, negotiate, and share plans as well as progress toward goals; Work with partners to design & execute statewide voter education and political plans to achieve long-term priorities, evaluate program outcomes and monitor progress toward goals; Provide technical assistance and access to training; Identify opportunities & advocate for effective cross-partner programs; Actively work with national affiliates State Voices network of nonpartisan state coalitions, called “tables,” works with hundreds of grassroots organizations to break down barriers to civic participation and to bring underrepresented and marginalized populations―and their issues―to the center of public discourse. Identify potential national partners to coordinate within the state and opportunities to expand in-state programs to meet goals.
Development & Cultivation of Funding: Develop & execute an annual fundraising plan; work with foundations and donor table to align resources to key program goals; Work State Voices to identify funding opportunities; Manage grants and donor relationships.
Admin & Management: Manage staff – to ensure that staff provides quality tools and resources to MN Voice and community partners; Work with the Leadership Team develop governance documents, organizational operating plans, operational budgets and joint-program budgets, fundraising plans to reach those budgets, and meeting agendas; Represent MN Voice at appropriate national & in-state meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously while also successfully working in a team environment. The ability to negotiate, build consensus and strategically disagree; while creating a shared space between all partners in a team environment, regardless of budget size or political power.
- Experience in field program management, staff management, and an understanding of legislative and electoral processes.
- Experience cultivating both individual & institutional donors & successfully raising funds for an organization or campaign.
- A self-starter, willing to work long and irregular hours and to travel as needed.
- Able to build key relationship with communities of Color, organizations, government and foundations.
- Proficiency in MS Office, VAN, and social media.
- 4-5 years experience in labor, political or community organizing and political campaigns preferred. Field organizing experience required.
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities.
- Experience facilitating coalitions and knowledge of the political landscape in the state are required.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail oriented and meet deadlines.
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving and the ability to think independently and creatively.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills.
- Must exercise good judgment and discretion and be able to work independently and as a member of a group. Be a self-starter; willing to work sometimes long, irregular hours and to travel as needed.
- 3-4 experience using VAN (Voter Activation Network) skills required and familiarity with online electoral tools and constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
- Management experience 3 or 4 years.
Please submit a cover letter and resume including three references to [email protected]. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at MN Voice, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law. People of Color are encouraged to apply.