State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
The Census Coordinator is a full-time position that will report to the Silver State Voices Executive Director. This position will help with strategic planning and run aspects of the 2020 Census campaign. The Census Coordinator is responsible for ensuring Nevadans Count partners have what they need to lead a successful 2020 Census program. Relationship building, leadership, and coordinated census planning will be the main responsibilities of the role.
- Provide programmatic support for Nevadans Count partners working on the 2020 Census.
- Work with Nevadans Count partners to create a strategic plan for the 2020 Census.
- Manage monthly census workgroup call for partners.
- Build relationships with Nevada organizations and help build the Nevadans Count Coalition.
- Coordinate with in-state and national Communications teams to create a Census SMS program that partners can use to build lists.
- Attend monthly State Voices network Census calls.
- Work with Silver State Voices data team to create targeting and metrics for use by partners.
- Participate in monthly check-ins with national Census Manager.
- Track state Census legislation as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 2-3 cycles of campaign work in electoral, labor or community-based organizations.
- The ability to work well with people from diverse communities, and particularly with staff and leaders from grassroots community organizations.
- Experience completing projects in a coalition or multi-organizational alliance.
- Experience leading issue-focused workgroups
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- A strong commitment to racial equity and social justice.
- Knowledge of state-level policy is a plus.
- Spanish proficiency a plus.
- Ability to use VAN or other digital tools is a plus.
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected]
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “Nevada Census Coordinator”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by August 15th, 2019
- No calls please
Terms of Employment: Immediately until July 2020, with the possibility of extension.
Location: The position is located in Las Vegas, NV
Compensation: Compensation is $45,000-$50,000 based on experience and a generous benefits package.
Reports To: Executive Director of Silver State Voices
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.