Since 2008, State Voices has been a national leader in nonpartisan civic engagement. We employ the principles of collective impact, unifying change agents from different sectors around common goals to strengthen our democracy, building the capacity of partners with shared resources, and amplifying the voices of the underrepresented. We work in states to strengthen grassroots efforts by making efficient use of limited resources, promoting best practices, and achieving solutions through coordinated action.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the tools and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy. Silver State Voices (SSV) is the State Voices table in Nevada. At SSV, it is our mission to create a more robust democracy by increasing the civic participation of the New American Majority in Nevada. SSV develops infrastructure, fosters collaboration among diverse entities, and employs new tools and technology. SSV believes that democracy works best and its outcomes are most just when the voices of all Nevadans are heard.
The Census Coordinator is a full-time position that will report to the Silver State Voices Executive Director. This position will help with strategic planning and run aspects of the 2020 Census campaign. The Census Coordinator is responsible for ensuring Nevadans Count partners have what they need to lead a successful 2020 Census program. Relationship building, leadership, and coordinated census planning will be the main responsibilities of the role.
- Provide programmatic support for Nevadans Count partners working on the 2020 Census.
- Work with Nevadans Count partners to create a strategic plan for the 2020 Census.
- Manage monthly census workgroup call for partners.
- Build relationships with Nevada organizations and help build the Nevadans Count Coalition.
- Coordinate with in-state and national Communications teams to create a Census SMS program that partners can use to build lists.
- Attend monthly State Voices network Census calls.
- Work with Silver State Voices data team to create targeting and metrics for use by partners.
- Participate in monthly check-ins with national Census Manager.
- Track state Census legislation as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 2-3 cycles of campaign work in electoral, labor or community-based organizations (voter registration experience strongly preferred).
- The ability to work well with people from diverse communities, and particularly with staff and leaders from grassroots community organizations.
- Experience completing projects in a coalition or multi-organizational alliance.
- Experience leading issue-focused workgroups
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- A strong commitment to racial equity and social justice.
- Knowledge of state-level policy is a plus.
- Spanish proficiency a plus.
- Ability to use VAN or other digital tools is a plus.
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected]
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “SSV Census Coordinator”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by August 15.
- No calls please.
Term of Employment: Immediately until July 2020, with the possibility of extension.
Compensation: Compensation is $45,000-$50,000 based on experience + a generous benefits package.
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Reports To: Executive Director of Silver State Voices
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.