Wisconsin Voices is looking for a motivated, results-oriented person who excels at building relationships and at managing important and complicated projects! Need to care about and clearly communicate about the importance of a fair and accurate count of the 2020 Census. Will work with partners around the state on outreach and mobilization for census surveys.
The Census is a time bound project and exists through the end of 2020. The Census Outreach Coordinator will be supervised by the Democracy Director. Salary is competitive and negotiable, and ranges between $45,000-$50,000 annually. Full benefits package including health insurance and available 401K. Phone allowance included.
- Coalition building and leading
- Build and maintain relationships with key actors in the state regarding WI census – policy makers, service agencies, industry execs, leading experts on the issue locally and nationally, and groups representing key undercounted communities
- Hold effective one-on-ones to advance the buy in and action to advance the census outcomes
- Field support for mobilization with partners and complete count committees. Creating simple “outreach plans” with each groups signed up in complete count committees.
- Identify and work with partners in undercounted communities to meet census field goals (use of the technology and paper pledge to be counted – cards, door knock, setting and meeting relational organizing goals)
- Develop mini field or outreach plans with complete count committees around the state as well as with individual groups/organizations/cities. Tailoring templates and resources (stats, literature, PowerPoints, trainings) to each group or agency according to their people, their issues, their interest.
- External communications: speak clearly and strongly on the census and coach others to do the same
- Take interviews and make presentations to groups, inspiring action on the census
Skills and qualifications
- Familiarity with Google Suites
- Experience writing, executing, and troubleshooting field plans
- Experience troubleshooting when others aren’t meeting goals
- Experience leading or co-leading coalition or collaborative work desired
- Comfortable working in database management systems
- Public speaking to small and mid-sized groups
- Facilitating outcome-driven meetings
- Commitment to understanding race, class, gender, and other equity issues as a core of your work and the impact these have on our collective experience
About Wisconsin Voices:
Wisconsin Voices envisions a Wisconsin where every person has the means, motivation, and freedom to fully participate in a just democracy that provides opportunities for all people to thrive.
We unify a dynamic network of progressive nonprofits in Wisconsin around achieving shared goals to build a better democracy. We build our partners’ capacity, amplify their impact, nurture new leadership, promote racial equity, champion transparent policies, and foster civic engagement so that everyone has an equal voice.
We help create the conditions for Wisconsinites who share our values to strengthen Wisconsin’s democracy for everyone.
WISCONSIN VOICES PLAYS A UNIQUE ROLE in the progressive movement by creating the structure to empower organizations in the c3 community through:
- Capacity building
- Ongoing year round civic engagement
- Convening and connecting
- Long-term strategic planning for collective impact
Send resume, cover letter, and 2 references to [email protected] by May 30, 2019.