State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
The Data Administrator is a temporary, full-time position through October 2020 that will assist Silver State Voices to administer our voter registration database, the database that they use to track voter registration data.
The primary role of this position is to help administer the voter registration database and manage voter registration data. The Data Administrator will have a leading role in maintaining all voter registration data, and training and supporting partner organizations as they use data and other tools and technology to improve the efficacy of their voter registration work.
- Conduct database training with partner organizations’ Quality Control Coordinators.
- Coordinate and lead bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with partner organizations’ Quality Control Coordinators.
- Create user accounts, managing the access of different partner organization staff, and monitoring the usage of the voter registration database.
- Collaborate with the Data Associate to regularly check and “clean” the data for verification processes.
- Pull regular reports about voter registration activity.
- Collaborate with the Voter Registration Coordinator to track voter registration activity to ensure programmatic benchmarks are being met.
- Maintain tracking tools to ensure the timely delivery of voter registration forms to the correct county election department.
- Collaborate with database support staff to better address the support needs of partner organizations around the usage of the database.
- Other assignments as needed
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, specifically including the ability to translate technical instructions into easy-to-follow language for non-technical audiences.
- A strong commitment to the civic engagement of historically underrepresented communities.
- A strong commitment to Racial and Gender Equity.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Proven problem-solving skills, solutions-oriented approaches, a willingness to take the initiative, and an eagerness to learn.
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Dropbox.
- Ability to learn and use a new online database platform.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (or another language) a plus.
- Ability to work diplomatically in a coalition setting, delivering results from a diverse set of stakeholders that the position does not directly oversee a plus.
- At least one year experience in labor, political, or community organizing or political campaigns a plus.
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected]
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “Nevada Data Administrator”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by August 30th, 2019
- No calls please
Terms of Employment: Full-time through October 2020
Location: The position is located in Las Vegas, NV
Compensation: Salary is between $40,000 to $45,000 based on experience, along with a benefits package including medical, vision, dental, 401(k), and more
Reports To: Data Manager of Silver State Voices
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.