The State Voices Data and Technology Senior Training Manager oversees all aspects of training, education, curriculum, and training materials for State Voices partners and staff. The Data Training Manager will also oversee aspects of the Tools for All (TFA) program related to providing tools training, technical support, and providing input over improvements to the program. The Data Training Manager will work at the direction of the State Voices Director of Data and Technology.
About State Voices
State Voices is committed to creating a fair and just society by advancing racial equity and working to make our democracy more accessible, inclusive, and representative.
Our network of 23 nonpartisan state coalitions, called “tables,” works with hundreds of grassroots organizations to break down barriers to civic participation and to bring underrepresented and marginalized populations―and their issues―to the center of public discourse. State Voices tables connect these groups to one another and to organizations from different sectors, creating multi-cultural, multi-issue coalitions that can leverage their collective power to transform our democracy.
State Voices fights for our democracy by focusing on civic access, civic engagement, and civic representation. We identify emerging trends in fundamental policy areas (voter registration, voter protection, Get Out the Vote, 2020 U.S. Census and redistricting reform) and share them with our diverse network of partner organizations working on critical issues ranging from reproductive rights to environmental justice. Additionally, through our Tools for All program, we provide participating organizations with access to data and technology to help them engage more effectively with their communities and with one another.
Principal Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement national training program for State Voices and TFA around: best practices for data use, targeting, Voter Activation Network (VAN), and other tools.
- Work with national data team and the state Data Managers to improve standards around training curriculums and materials for national and state based trainings.
- Train and coach individuals and national partner organizations to use best practices for using data to drive program, the State Voices VAN, and other data and targeting tools.
- Onboard and train new state table data staff.
- Provide consultation and advice to state table staff on the most effective use of data to help accomplish their organizational and programmatic goals.
- Manage the State Voices VAN resource site, regularly adding and updating content.
- Track development and use of models for effectiveness and accuracy. Maintain and update the model guidebook.
- Create a monthly VAN report for evaluation of program use by State Voices Senior Staff and for use in communications and development reports.
- Identify and/or create new tools and reporting for table staffs to maximize their programs and goals.
- Work with state data managers and national staff on analysis and reporting of data to maximize program results.
- Improve and manage the State Voices Data Certification Program for partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Experience using, training on, and administering VAN is a must.
- Experience developing VAN training materials a plus.
- Proven ability to train non-technical audiences on use of software tools.
- Public speaking or teaching, especially explaining the use of technology and data to non-technical people.
- Familiarity with running webinars and online training/presenting
- Familiarity with the voter file vendors and/or Catalist is helpful.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving while working independently or on a team.
- Must be a self-starter, very organized, a good communicator and be able and willing to work long, irregular hours as needed.
- Must be able to manage several tasks and projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Background in 501c3 work or the desire to work with progressive organizations.
- Comfortable working in a diverse community with people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Please send a short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with an initial round of interviews beginning February 1, 2019.
Compensation: Compensation is $65,000 to $85,000 depending on background and experience, and includes a full benefits package.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at State Voices, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law