Win|Win is a network of progressive organizations coming together to advance racial, social, and economic equity across Washington through civic and political engagement. Our partners work together to build a new political landscape that inspires Win|Win provides our network with strategic coordination, data and research, and individual technical assistance to increase our ability to create change together.
We are a small but mighty team that takes pride in building an organizational culture rooted in trust, collaboration, and learning, with an ongoing commitment to use an anti-racist lens throughout all of our work. We are committed to developing individual and team skills, sharing leadership, open communication, and a healthy work/life balance. We are based in a shared office and you can often find us gathered in the kitchen sharing pictures of pets, discussing what we are currently binge watching, and talking about food.
In short, we strive to create a big impact on the political and civic landscape in Washington while making sure we have fun along the way.
About the Position
We are looking for a self-starter with strong customer service and problem solving skills to fill this position working closely with partners to provide ongoing support and assistance with the Voter Activation Network (VAN), a statewide voter file, and field engagement tools that help advance the missions of our partners. The Data & VAN Administrator will be part of our program team and supervised by the Associate Director.
All staff are expected to provide leadership and proactive learning to advance our mission, vision, and core strategies. The Data & VAN Administrator will be expected to act as a champion for the Win|Win Network and our partners by understanding their programs and trends impacting the communities they serve.
Core Responsibilities of the Role
Database Management & Partner Support (70%)
- Support partner organizations on the use of civic engagement and voter contact tools and assist them in successfully implementing data-driven direct outreach and data tools into their engagement programs.
- Administer the VAN for partner organizations and campaigns. This includes managing user and security settings; providing technical assistance; troubleshooting data requests, and monitoring use of the system to ensure compliance with state and national policies.
- Conduct group and one-on-one trainings to partners on the VAN, other voter contact tools, targeting techniques, and best practices for using data effectively.
- Assist the Data Manager in improving network partners’ data through list matching, training on better data hygiene and data collection practices.
- Support our Network partners in their efforts to plan and run voter engagement activities. This includes, set up, leading and monitoring of predictive dialer phone banks and door-to-door canvassing using mini-VAN.
- Administer and train partners on the use of Hustle, a peer to peer text messaging program for voter and member outreach.
Other Administrative Duties (30%)
- Provide our partners with an up-to-date list of their members who need to re-register to vote.
- Manage partner information in Win|Win database, including contact, email lists, and event participation.
- Keep our technology tools updated and manage our technology library program for partners.
- Additional duties may be assigned within the course of the work.
Minimum Experience & Skills
- Strong listener with an aptitude for understanding disparate needs and finding solutions.
- Basic understanding of common direct voter contact programs and at least one cycle of experience in using the VAN in candidate or issue-based campaigns.
- Working knowledge of Excel or similar software.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new technical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and in person, be detail-oriented, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Advanced VAN and Excel skills
- Experience in civic engagement, campaigns and/or issue advocacy
- Knowledge of the political and progressive landscape in WA.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] by Sunday, April 21, 2019 and include “Data & VAN Administrator” in the subject line. If you have specific questions before applying, please contact the Associate Director at [email protected].
Salary Range: $45,000-$48,000 based on experience. This is a full time (40 hours/week) salaried position that requires a willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
Benefits: 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, Orca card transit pass, simple IRA with employer match, paid vacation, sick time and 10 paid holidays.
Anticipated Start Date: Mid-May to mid-June
Win|Win believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.