Win|Win is a network of progressive organizations coming together to advance racial, social, and economic equity across Washington through civic and political engagement. Our partners work together to build a new political landscape that inspires people; where individuals engage because they see themselves and their values reflected across our democracy. Win|Win provides our network with strategic coordination, data and research, and individual technical assistance to increase our ability to create change together.
We are a small but mighty team that takes pride in building an organizational culture rooted in trust, collaboration, and learning, with an ongoing commitment to use an anti-racist lens throughout all of our work. We are committed to developing individual and team skills, sharing leadership, open communication, and a healthy work/life balance. We are based in a shared office and you can often find us gathered in the kitchen sharing pictures of pets, discussing what we are currently binge watching, and talking about food.
In short, we strive to create a big impact on the political and civic landscape in Washington while making sure we have fun along the way.
Data is one of the most important and powerful ways we support grassroots organizing and social change in Washington. W e are looking for a self-starter with strong analysis skills who can synthesize demographic and voter trends to guide Win|Win’s collective strategy and inform community organizing programs across our network. The Data Manager is in charge of maintaining our internal data systems and will mentor and support the Data & VAN Administrator. This position is part of our growing program team supervised by the Program Director.
All staff are expected to provide leadership and proactive learning to advance our mission, vision, and core strategies. The Data Manager will be expected to act as a champion for the Win|Win Network and our partners by understanding their programs and trends impacting the communities they serve.
Data Strategy & Partner Support (50%)
- Use voter data, data models and other data resources to develop targeting strategy and analyses to inform collective network priorities around voter engagement, advocacy and political campaigns, and other organizing efforts.
- Work with partner organizations to support the development of their field organizing and voter contact plans and make strategic recommendations on how best to use data effectively, including standards for data collection, data acquisition, and preservation.
VAN & Tools Management (25%)
- Monitor use of the c3 and c4 VAN to ensure compliance with state and national policies, including managing the data MOU processes.
- Maintain systems for documenting all voter contact, turnout, and election protection data.
- Make recommendations for additional field tools that will support and scale the table’s strategy and partner field work.
- Support the Data & VAN Administrator in troubleshooting VAN and technical assistance requests from partners.
Coordinating with National and State-based data staff (25%)
- Function as part of a national data peer network, which includes regular calls and trainings with State Voices and America Votes, to help maintain a shared data infrastructure across the states.
- Participate in national working groups to develop nation-wide standards and best practices.
- Mentor the Data & VAN Administrator and delegate tasks as needed.
Minimum Experience & Skills
- Four years of working experience in civic engagement, political, or issue advocacy with at least 2 years in a data role.
- Experience using VAN (Voter Activation Network), or other civic engagement tools, as well as Excel.
- Ability to use different data sets, particularly census and voter data, to inform field and organizing plans.
- Experience synthesizing data and communicating it in non-technical terms to organizers, volunteers, and teams.
- Experience mentoring and supporting staff in learning new skills
- Managing contracts and relationship with vendors
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving and the ability to think independently and creatively;
- Passion, energy, and drive for Win|Win’s mission and strengthening the capacity of our network partners;
- A track record of advancing racial equity outcomes and ability to work effectively with communities of color in political settings.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Familiarity with mapping and/or data visualization tools is a plus
- Background in 501 c3 and/or 501 c4 compliance rules
- Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] and include “Data Manager” in the subject line.
- The priority deadline to apply is April 13th.
- If you have specific questions before applying, please contact our Operations Director, Shin Shin Hsia at [email protected]
Anticipated Start Date:April/May 2020
Salary Range: $57,000-$62,000 based in experience. This is a full time (40 hours/week) salaried position that requires a willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours (on-call nights and weekends during campaign season).
Benefits: 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, Orca card transit pass, simple IRA with employer match, paid vacation, sick time and 10 paid holidays.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Win/Win, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.