State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table is a state based collaboration (“Table”) formed to improve long-term coordination and communication among nonprofit, socially responsible civic engagement organizations in Florida. The Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table’s nonpartisan mission is to engage underrepresented and socially responsible voters in the democratic process and to establish collective action around common issue areas. Those issue areas include voting rights, quality and affordable health care, economic justice, civil rights, improving public education, and more. Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table is a fiscally sponsored project of State Voices.
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
The Data Associate will primarily support table partners with VAN (Voter Activation Network) administration, basic training, and technical assistance to implement their voter engagement work, including advising on the use of voter contact tools. This position will work at the direction of the state Data Director.
- Manage multiple data-capturing mechanisms into one streamlined content management system (in case we get a CRM)
- Work with a consultant to manage and develop a website
- Manage and generate an email program, and potential social media channels
- Work with partners to increase their website and social media traffic through effective digital techniques while generating regular reports on engagement and growth activities in our online platforms and communities
- Build digital toolkits
- Understand and apply data analytics to improve the effectiveness of the work
- Expand the scope and scale of advanced digital engagement tactics by creating and conducting trainings
- Manage tasks and projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- Support other team members as needed
- Utilize graphic design skills
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- At least one previous cycle in political, nonprofit, labor, or community organization, either paid or unpaid.
- Experience working in coalition with partners, or experience working in diverse communities, particularly in communities of color.
- Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines.
- Background in 501c3 work or the desire to work with progressive organizations.
- Experience with the VAN (Voter Activation Network)/VoteBuilder or other civic engagement platforms is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets is a plus.
- Sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people possessing different skill levels.
- Ability to work professionally and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts, constituents, and vendors.
- Willingness and aptitude to seek out and learn new technical skills that will further the mission of the table and assist in presenting data to partners in an accessible manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity and record of success working with communities of color, women, low-income people, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically marginalized communities.
- Commitment to approaching the work in an inclusive and empathetic way.
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “FLCET Data Associate.”
- No calls, please.
Term of Employment: Full-time through December 18, 2020
Location: Remote in-state (Central or South Florida, preferred)
Compensation: Compensation is an annualized salary of $40,000 – $50,000 based on experience and includes a full benefits package. Benefits for eligible State Voices employees include but are not limited to: 100 % employer-paid dental and vision insurance, 75% employer-paid medical insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, paid vacation, leave, sick, and parental leave.
Reports To: Data Director
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.