Wisconsin Voices envisions a Wisconsin where every person has the means, motivation, and freedom to fully participate in a just democracy that provides opportunities for all people to thrive.
We unify a dynamic network of progressive nonprofits in Wisconsin around achieving shared goals to build a better democracy. We build our partners’ capacity, amplify their impact, nurture new leadership, promote racial equity, champion transparent policies, and foster civic engagement so that everyone has an equal voice.
We help create the conditions for Wisconsinites who share our values to strengthen Wisconsin’s democracy for everyone. Wisconsin Voices plays a unique role in the progressive movement by creating the structure to empower organizations in the c3 community through capacity building; ongoing year round civic engagement; convening and connecting; and long-term strategic planning for collective impact.
Wisconsin Voices is seeking a full-time Partner Digital Manager to lead our digital capacity building work in 2020 with a diverse set of social impact organizations. The work will be building and maintaining alliances among key organizers and digital staff alongside a set of national partners and trainers in order to get voter impact and increased subscriptions for groups on the ground.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to foster coordination and cooperation among diverse – and even competing – groups. They will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and able to handle a heavy workload without dropping the ball. This position is an opportunity to engage with some of the smartest digital innovators in the country, testing content and ideas in a blended strategy with field work. This work will have a huge impact in the 2020 elections and beyond.
The Digital Partner Manager, ideally based in Milwaukee, reports to the Communications Director, is responsible for the following.
- Provide support and accountability for partner organizations’ digital campaigns in coordination with national partners
- Convene often a cohort of digital organizers to learn and share best practices, struggles, and process new information together
- Expand the scope and scale of advanced digital engagement tactics, including organic and paid content, to increase civic participation, including registering to vote, voting and filling out the census
- Assist partner organizations’ digital organizers in identifying and crafting stories that appeal to non or quasi-political people to engage them in the political process
- With the support of national digital organizations, help partners carry out experiments around platforms and messaging to overlay digital tactics on field strategies– “blended organizing”
- Identify ways to name what success looks like and how we evaluate 2020 digital projects
The ideal candidate will for this position will possess:
- Proven experience developing and disseminating content across major social platforms
- Project management experience
- Proven ability training, coaching, and managing a diverse range of people, including conflict management implementation
- Send a cover letter, resume, and 2 references to [email protected].
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “Partner Digital Manager”
Location: Wisconsin, ideally Milwaukee
Compensation: Salary range is $44,000 -$52,000, depending on experience.
Reports To: Communications Director
Wisconsin Voices is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.