Win|Win is a network of progressive organizations coming together to advance racial, social, and economic equity across Washington through civic and political engagement. Our partners work together to build a new political landscape that inspires people; where individuals engage because they see themselves and their values reflected across our democracy. Win|Win provides our network with strategic coordination, data and research, and individual technical assistance to increase our ability to create change together.
We are a growing team that takes pride in building an organizational culture rooted in trust, collaboration, and learning, with an ongoing commitment to use an anti-racist lens throughout all of our work. We are committed to developing individual and team skills, sharing leadership, open communication, and a healthy work/life balance. We are based in a shared office and you can often find us gathered in the kitchen sharing pictures of pets, discussing what we are currently binge watching, and
talking about food.
In short, we strive to create a big impact on the political and civic landscape in Washington while making
sure we have fun along the way.
About the Position
We are looking for a data-minded strategic leader with a strong racial justice analysis to join Win|Win’s leadership team as our Program Director. The ideal candidate is a systems thinker with political experience who understands how to use data and research to inspire long term, collaborative organizing efforts. The Program Director will supervise our Program team and ensure that Win|Win is successfully implementing programs that actualize our shared vision to increase power and representation among
people of color, young people, women, and low-income individuals. This is a full-time position supervised
by the Executive Director.
All staff are expected to provide leadership and proactive learning to advance our mission, vision, and core strategies. The Program Director will be expected to act as a champion for the Win|Win Network and our partners by understanding their programs and trends impacting the communities they serve
Core Responsibilities of the Role
Program Direction (40%)
- Lead programmatic strategy development, ensuring alignment with Win|Win’s mission and vision
- Ensure Win|Win’s core strategies (collaboration, data, analyses, and capacity building) are centered in programmatic goals, implementation plans, and evaluations for the team
- Ensure all aspects of Win|Win’s programmatic work are aligned, impactful and incorporate the goals of our network partners
- Develop and maintain authentic working partnerships throughout the state and nationally
Program Team Management (40%)
- Provide direction, delegate and remove obstacles to support our five member program team to reach individual and programmatic goals
- Mentor individual team members around their professional development plans, skill development and encouraging a healthy work/life balance
Organizational Leadership (20%)
- Partner with the leadership team to define annual goals based on Win|Win’s strategic plan
- Partner with the leadership team to create and manage annual budget
- Steward ongoing operationalization of Win|Win’s racial equity vision and commitments
Minimum Experience & Skills
- Experience managing relationships with multiple stakeholders, vendors and partners
- Willingness and aptitude to seek out and learn new technical skills that will further the mission of the network and assist in presenting data to partners in an accessible manner.
- 4 years of formal or informal experience with team management and staff supervision
- 2 election cycles of experience in civic or political engagement that includes:
- Grassroots community organizing and experience in coalition building
- Demonstrated experience running collaborative field campaigns with a diverse set of
stakeholders toward a common goal and shared leadership
- Demonstrated experience with voter contact programs
- Experience developing and implementing field plans
- Working knowledge of voter file databases and how data, targeting, and analyses are used to support civic and political engagement
- A track record of advancing racial equity outcomes and ability to work effectively with communities of color in political settings
Desired Experience & Skills
- Knowledge of the political, civic, and progressive landscape in WA
- Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) nonpartisan voter engagement, advocacy rules and compliance
- Knowledge of software for mapping (ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.), reporting (Periscope, Tableau, etc.), and data management (Access, SQL, etc.)
- Multi-cycle experience using VAN (Voter Activation Network) in labor, democratic, 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) spaces
- Familiarity with online digital organizing tools and constituent relationship management tools (EveryAction, Salesforce, etc.)
- Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] and include “Program Director” in the subject line.
- If you have specific questions before applying, please contact Shin Shin Hsia, Operations Director: [email protected]
- Priority deadline February 17th, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Salary Range: $75,000-$85,000 annualized based on experience. This is a full time (40 hours/week) salaried position that requires a willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
Benefits: 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, Orca card transit pass, paid vacation, sick time and 10 paid holidays.
Anticipated Start Date: Negotiable, ideally by mid-March
Win|Win believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.