State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table is a state based collaboration (“Table”) formed to improve long-term coordination and communication among nonprofit, socially responsible civic engagement organizations in Florida. The Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table’s nonpartisan mission is to engage underrepresented and socially responsible voters in the democratic process and to establish collective action around common issue areas. Those issue areas include voting rights, quality and affordable health care, economic justice, civil rights, improving public education, and more. Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table is a fiscally sponsored project of State Voices.
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
The Program Manager position is a full-time position that will report to the National Census Manager. This position will support issue-based campaigns in Florida with a specific focus on the 2020 Census. In this role, the incumbent will help with strategic planning and run aspects of the 2020 Florida Census campaign to help ensure a complete and accurate count. The Program Manager will build relationships with other organizations in Florida and will play a critical coordination role. The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring the Florida Table partners have what they need to lead successful Census and issue-based programs in 2020.
- Work with table partners to create and execute a strategic plan for the 2020 Census, including providing training, coordination, materials, programmatic and re-granting support
- Provide general and one-on-one programmatic support for table partners working on the advocacy campaigns including Census “Get Out The Count” education and outreach efforts
- Manage monthly workgroup calls for partners, coordinate regional meetings, and give presentations and trainings
- Develop and tailor state-specific and culturally competent education and outreach materials
- Create trainings for table partners that include “Get out the Count” and organizational capacity building
- Support the process to determine and allocate re-granting funding to partner organizations
- Build relationships with Florida organizations and help strengthen the Florida Census campaign
- Coordinate with the national Communications team to create a Census SMS and digital pledge card program that partners can use to build lists
- Track state legislation as needed
- Attend monthly State Voices network calls
- This list is not comprehensive, other duties may be assigned
The ideal candidate will for this position will possess:
- 2-3 years of experience working on civic engagement campaigns
- Prior coalition building experience
- Experience leading issue-focused workgroups
- Strong communication skills
- A strong commitment to racial equity and social justice
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Work with Data and Targeting Manager to provide field reports to table partners
- Knowledge of state policy is a plus
- Ability to use VAN or other digital tools is a plus
- Experience working with AAPI community organizations preferred
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected].
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “Florida Program Manager”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by by December 13, 2019.
- No calls please.
Term of Employment: This is position is currently grant-funded through December 2020.
Location: Remote with a preference to Orlando-based applicants
Compensation: Annualized compensation is $50,000 – 60,000 (based on experience.)
Reports To: National Census Manager
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.