State Voices Overview
Since 2008, State Voices has been a national leader in nonpartisan civic engagement. We employ the principles of collective impact, unifying change agents from different sectors around common goals to strengthen our democracy, building the capacity of partners with shared resources, and amplifying the voices of the underrepresented. We work in states to strengthen grassroots efforts by making efficient use of limited resources, promoting best practices, and achieving solutions through coordinated action.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the tools and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
About the Florida C3 Civic Engagement Table
Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table is a state based collaboration (“Table”) formed to improve long-term coordination and communication among nonprofit, socially responsible civic engagement organizations in Florida. The Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table’s nonpartisan mission is to engage underrepresented and socially responsible voters in the democratic process and to establish collective action around common issue areas. Those issue areas include voting rights, quality and affordable health care, economic justice, civil rights, improving public education, and more.
Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table is a fiscally sponsored project of State Voices, a national network that encompasses nonpartisan civic engagement tables in 20 states.
Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table seeks a talented leader with a record of success leading, facilitating, and supporting program to serve as a Program Manager. This position will serve as a counterpart to our current Program Manager.
This new Program Manager will work directly with our emerging capacity and volunteer-based organizations to build their organizational capacity, cultivate a strong field program that integrates into our statewide plan, and provide support to developing staff members. This Program Manager will also drive issue-based campaigns for the network working with partner organizations to implement. A specific long-term project for this role will include organizing a statewide strategy around the 2020 census. This position reports to the Florida Executive Director. The work will be centered on organizations serving and led by people of color, with a focus on the Asian American community. We seek a qualified candidate with strong coalition, facilitation, and interpersonal relationship skills who will work as part of a team in a fast-paced organization.
- Provide programmatic support for Florida 2020 Census Coalition partners working on the 2020 Census
- Work with Florida partners to create a strategic plan for the 2020 Census
- Manage monthly census workgroup call for partners
- Build relationships with Florida organizations and help build the coalition
- Coordinate with the Communications team to create a Census messaging and identify the best tools and vehicles for delivering messaging
- Track state Census legislation as needed
- Provide training and materials for network organizers and volunteers to build capacity, performance, and professionalism.
- Provide reports detailing capacity, execution, and gaps in coalition partner field work.
- Work with Data and Targeting Manager to ensure universes and programs are accurately administered and implemented.
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- 2-3 years of experience working on civic engagement campaigns
- Prior coalition building experience
- Experience leading issue-focused workgroups
- Strong communication skills
- A strong commitment to racial equity and social justice
- Knowledge of state policy is a plus
- Ability to use VAN or other digital tools is a plus
- Education: A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred, not required.
- To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, your subject line should be: Florida Program Manager
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by August 16, 2019.
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.