State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
Michigan Voice seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented person to join our team as a Quality Control Coordinator to support our partners in the Voter Registration Quality Control process. The QC Coordinator is responsible for supporting partners in implementing the voter registration quality control process, performing administrative tasks in the voter registration database (adding users, changing permission levels, etc),and for pulling voter registration data as needed (progress to goal, site efficacy, form completeness, etc). This position will also have a leading role in maintaining our voter registration data and training, and supporting our partner organizations as they use our voter registration database and other tools and technology to improve the efficacy of their voter registration work.
- State level administrator for Blocks, the database which the Michigan Voice table uses to track voter registration information (prior experience with Blocks not required)
- Creating user accounts, managing the access of different partner organization staff, and monitoring usage of Blocks
- Participate in site visits to partner offices and provide on-site guidance for QC staff, as well as executing any assigned duties during book closing visits, as needed.
- Co-facilitate and lead in-person Voter Registration trainings scheduled throughout the state and throughout the cycle (including kickoff, in-state regional, and ongoing trainings, as needed)
- Provide on-site and in-person trainings on programmatic aspects that relate to tools, scanning and redaction (Adobe Acrobat Pro), reporting, and quality control
- Build re-training curriculum that is responsive to QC trends.
- Develop “how-to” one-pagers / videos on Blocks, Voter Registration quality control best practices, and external tracking systems.
- Train partners to understand quality control flags, problematic forms.
- Lead on holding groups accountable for addressing/resolving problems with quality control that come up in the phone/visual verification process.
- Notify and guide partner QC staff in expediting form deliveries throughout program.
- Monitor the data transfer and raise alarms when drop off rates are below the comfort level of the national team
- Create and maintain documentation for the Data Department, including reports on voter registration activity
- Some in-state travel required
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- 1-2 cycles experience in labor, political or community organizing and political campaigns preferred
- Past experience with voter registration programs preferred
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure, be detail-oriented and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, specifically including the ability to translate technical instructions into easy-to-follow language for non-technical audiences
- Patience working with people with a wide range of skill levels
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem-solving
- The ability to think independently and creatively
- Experience working in coalition with partners or experience working in diverse communities, particularly in communities of color
- Send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “Michigan Quality Control Coordinator”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by January 17, 2020.
- No calls please.
Term of Employment: Until December 2020
Compensation: $45-52k (based on experience) and full benefits package
Location: Michigan (statewide)
Reports To: Michigan Field Director
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.