We Vote MN is a partnership of Minnesota nonprofits organizations, coordinated by Minnesota Voice Foundation. This program was launched in 2014 and is the hub for civic engagement among nonpartisan organizations.
Established in 2011, Minnesota Voice Foundation is a member-based coalition of non-profit organizations working toward permanent change in racial, social, and economic justice by increasing civic engagement and voter participation across the state, especially focused in underrepresented communities; making sure that every Minnesotans’ voice is heard, and the state reflects the values of its people. Our partners are grounded in the belief that: decision makers will be held accountable when collective power has been built; more participation equals a stronger democracy; and that public institutions will improve people’s lives when they advance people driven solutions and address racial and economic disparities.
We are the backbone strategists for the We Vote MN coalition’s execution of a collective impact model, using data driven best practices, leadership development, and grants to help our partners maximize our collective capacities. To be a part of the coalition, an organization makes a commitment to leading with racial equity, to meeting measurable goals as defined in our annual written collective impact plan and a subsequent written division of labor. Our organizational goals are:
- Promote and engage non-profits as key messengers; entry points for voter engagement; incubators of untapped social capital that could be harnessed with investments in leadership development inside and outside the metro areas of Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Fill the gap for nonprofit professional development in civic engagement for communities of color in the state
People from communities of color learn skills to engage fully in our democracy
- People from communities of color are informed of the effects of public policy on them and their communities and have the means to address their concerns
The Minneota c3 Civic Engagement Table seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented person to join our team as a Quality Control Coordinator to support our partners in the Voter Registration Quality Control process. The QC Coordinator is responsible for supporting partners in implementing the voter registration quality control process, performing administrative tasks in the voter registration database (adding users, changing permission levels, etc),and for pulling voter registration data as needed (progress to goal, site efficacy, form completeness, etc). This position will also have a leading role in maintaining our voter registration data and training, and supporting our partner organizations as they use our voter registration database and other tools and technology to improve the efficacy of their voter registration work.
- State level administrator for Blocks, the database which the Minnesota c3 Civic Engagement Table uses to track voter registration information (prior experience with Blocks not required)
- Create user accounts, manage the access of different partner organization staff, and monitor usage of Blocks
- Participate in site visits to partner offices and provide on-site guidance for QC staff, as well as execute any assigned duties during book closing visits, as needed
- Co-facilitate and lead in-person Voter Registration trainings scheduled throughout the state and throughout the cycle (including kickoff, in-state regional, and ongoing trainings, as needed)
- Provide on-site and in-person trainings on programmatic aspects that relate to tools, scanning and redaction (Adobe Acrobat Pro), reporting, and quality control
- Build re-training curriculum that is responsive to QC trends
- Develop “how-to” one-pagers / videos on Blocks, Voter Registration quality control best practices, and external tracking systems
- Train partners to understand quality control flags and problematic forms
- Take the lead in holding groups accountable for addressing/resolving problems with quality control that come up in the phone/visual verification process
- Notify and guide partner QC staff in expediting form deliveries throughout program
- Monitor the data transfer and raise alarms when drop off rates are below the comfort level of the national team
- Create and maintain documentation for the Data Department, including reports on voter registration activity
- Some in-state travel required
- Other duties as assigned
*Blocks is a relatively new software that is not commonly in use. Previous experience with this database is not expected and training will be provided.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 1-2 cycles experience in labor, political or community organizing and political campaigns preferred
- Past experience with voter registration programs preferred
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure, be detail-oriented and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, specifically including the ability to translate technical instructions into easy-to-follow language for non-technical audiences
- Patience working with people with a wide range of skill levels
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem-solving
The ability to think independently and creatively
- Experience working in coalition with partners or experience working in diverse communities, particularly in communities of color
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected]
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “Quality Control Coordinator”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by January 30th.
- No calls please.
Term of Employment: Full time
Compensation: Compensation is $35,000 – $45,000 (commensurate with experience) and includes a full benefits package.
Location: Remote In-state (Minnesota, preferred)
Reports To: Data Director/Manager
Minnesota Voice is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.