State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
The Quality Control Coordinator is a temporary, full-time position through October 2020 that will assist Silver State Voices’ partners in conducting quality oversight of voter registration programs to meet the highest possible standards.
The role of the Quality Control Coordinator is to conduct independent verification of voter registration practices and compile data on program results. The Quality Coordinator will then use the data to develop reports identifying strengths and areas of improvement for partners to use in improving the effectiveness and accuracy of their activities.
- Work with Silver State Voices staff and partners to ensure relevant data points from voter registration programs are captured and entered into a database.
- Conduct independent verification activities to ensure results of partners’ voter registration programs are accurate.
- Compile results of verification efforts and analysis of data points into regular reports indicating programmatic trends, best practices, and recommendations for improvement.
- Answer voters’ questions regarding election-related information and represent the partner organizations to their registration applicants.
- Escalate any flags on a voter registration form to the Quality Control Manager.
- Participate in regular training with the Quality Control Manager to develop best practices around quality control.
- Other assignments as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- A strong commitment to the civic engagement of historically underrepresented communities.
- A strong commitment to Racial and Gender Equity.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Proven problem-solving skills, solutions-oriented approaches, a willingness to take the initiative,
- and an eagerness to learn.
- Ability to learn and use a new online database platform.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Dropbox a plus.
- Ability to work diplomatically in a coalition setting, delivering results from a diverse set of stakeholders that the position does not directly oversee a plus.
- At least one year’s experience in labor, political, or community organizing or political campaigns a plus.
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected]
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “Nevada QC Coordinator”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by August 30th, 2019
- No calls please
Terms of Employment: Full-time through October 2020
Location: The position is located in Las Vegas, NV
Compensation: $16 an hour, along with a benefits package including medical, vision, dental, 401(k), and more
Reports To: Quality Control Manager of Silver State Voices
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.