State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
The Quality Control Manager is a temporary, full-time position through October 2020 that will assist Silver State Voices partners in quality oversight of their voter registration programs.
This position will maintain relationships with partner organizations engaging in non-partisan civic engagement in communities of color. The role of the Quality Control Manager is to support partner organizations’ efforts through accurate reporting on data compiled by Quality Control Coordinators, auditing existing reporting tools on a regular basis, and ensuring the needs/feedback of partners inform the functionality of the tools.
- Day to day supervision of the Quality Control Coordinator team.
- Conduct daily check-ins with Quality Control Coordinators to ensure the accuracy of quality control notes.
- Conduct routine training with Quality Control Coordinators to maintain the highest level of quality control processes.
- Recruit and hire new Quality Control Coordinators in adherence to program benchmarks for hiring and scale.
- Ensure that the quality control process is meeting timeline benchmarks.
- Train Silver State Voices’ partners in voter registration quality control procedures.
- Examine voter registration forms for completeness, legibility, and accuracy.
- Make verification phone calls to new voters to track the accuracy of information.
- Communicate quality control notes to Voter Registration Coordinator on a daily basis as needed.
- Oversee quality control tools and processes outside of the Blocks database.
- Compile results of verification efforts and analysis of data points into regular reports indicating programmatic trends, best practices, and recommendations for improvement.
- Work with Table staff and partners to ensure relevant data points from voter registration programs are captured and entered into a database.
- Lead all quality control aspects of weekly check-ins with partners including major flags, quality control overview, and updates.
- Other assignments as needed
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- At least one year of direct management experience, preferably in a campaign-type setting that built to scale over time.
- A strong commitment to the civic engagement of historically underrepresented communities.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Proven problem-solving skills, solutions-oriented approaches, a willingness to take the initiative,
and an eagerness to learn.
- Ability to work diplomatically in a coalition setting, delivering results from a diverse set of stakeholders that the position does not directly oversee.
- Ability to learn and use a new online database platform.
- A strong commitment to Racial and Gender Equity.
Bilingual in English and Spanish (or another language) a plus.
- At least one year experience in labor, political, or community organizing or political campaigns a plus.
- Ability to hold coalition members accountable to their deliverables for this project a plus.
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel, Word, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Dropbox a plus.
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected]
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “Nevada QC Manager”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by August 30th, 2019
- No calls please
Terms of Employment: Full-time through October 2020
Location: The position is located in Las Vegas, NV
Compensation: Salary is between $40,000 to $45,000 based on experience, along with a benefits package including medical, vision, dental, 401(k), and more.
Reports To: Data Manager of Silver State Voices
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.