About Minnesota Voice
Minnesota Voice, also known as the c3 Table, is a member-based coalition of organizations working toward permanent change in social, racial and economic justice by increasing civic engagement and voter participation across the state, especially focused in underrepresented communities; making sure that every Minnesotan’s voice is heard and the state reflects the progressive values of its citizens. Minnesota Voice is one of 25 states in the State Voices national network. Minnesota Voice supports the We Vote MN coalition by providing tools and programs that help build power for nonprofit partners through leadership development, increasing organizational civic engagement capacity, and data management.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing and implementing the mission and vision of Minnesota Voice. Through effective collaboration with table partners, the Director is responsible for developing a coordinated, statewide program plan, fundraising to support the plan, innovating and evaluating best practices, engaging new partners to participate, managing staff and contractors, and overseeing the provision of resources and technical assistance for table partner organizations. This position reports to the Minnesota Voice Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Organization Mission and Vision
- Responsible for implementing Minnesota Voice’s programs that aligns with the organization’s Mission and Vision
- Lead the strategic planning to ensure that Minnesota Voice can successfully fulfill its Mission in the future
- Responsible for the enhancement of Minnesota Voice’s image by fostering trust and collaboration in the community
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board of Directors as well as provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly in order to make informed decision
- Develop statewide coordinated plan and manage the execution for the We Vote MN coalition programs-We Vote MN Fellows, We Vote MN Coordinated, and Democracy Reform
- Provide analysis and strategic guidance for the development and coordination of the We Vote MN electoral and issue campaign strategies
- Engage in planning, coordination, and networking at a state and national level
- Actively participate in the State Voices’ network, learning from and engaging with other state tables to bring new ideas to Minnesota and grow the profile of Minnesota Voice table nationally
- Expand the coalition by identifying and meeting with non-profits across the state that work with historically underrepresented people and communities
- Represent Minnesota Voice in local, state, and national coalitions
- Lead all fund raising efforts which includes planning appropriate strategies, submitting donor proposal was well as maintaining good organization fundraising records
- Responsible for fiscal integrity and management of Minnesota Voice’s Operating budget
- Responsible for budget submission for board approval, annual budget development and provide monthly financial statements to the Board of Directors
- Develop criteria for re-grant allocation to partners as well as provide program and financial oversight
Supervision & Management
- Manage the staff and consultants required to implement the coordinated We Vote MN plan and meet programmatic goals
- Develop and coordinate trainings for table partners including non-partisan voter engagement tactics (voter registrations, voter education, voter mobilization, advocacy); data tools, tracking and management and voter contact actions
- Responsible for the hiring, training and retention of competent, qualified staff to meet the needs of the organization
- A strong commitment to building long-term, sustainable political power with historically underrepresented communities.
- Demonstrated experience with voter contact programs, at least three years’ experience in labor, political, or community organizing campaigns, and an understanding of legislative and electoral processes.
- Staff supervision and management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of 501c3 nonpartisan voter engagement and advocacy rules
- Experience working with historically underrepresented communities
- Demonstrated experience in coalition building and knowledge of the political landscape in the state are required.
- Ability to set goals, communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail oriented and meet deadlines.
- A self-starter, willing to work long and irregular hours and travel as needed.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving and the ability to think independently and creatively.
- Excellent organizational, time management, oral and written communications skills.
- Must exercise good judgment and discretion and be able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience using VAN (Voter Activation Network). Familiarity with online digital organizing tools and constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
Salary range is $70-$80k annually and includes a full benefits package.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and three references to [email protected].
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at MN Voice, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law. People of Color are encouraged to apply.