State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration), and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
State Voices is seeking a creative social justice champion with experience in digital organizing, campaigns, and training facilitation to become State Voices’ Digital Training Manager. The Digital Training Manager will oversee the training and rollout of new digital organizing tools and strategies for the State Voices network in 2020, with an emphasis on providing support to state tables and partners.
The Digital Training Manager is a member of the Data & Technology Department and will work closely with the Communications and Policy Departments. This position will collaborate with the Senior Data & Technology Training Manager and report to the Deputy Director West of Data & Technology. This position will last until December 18, 2020.
- Advise partner organizations on the use of digital tools and assist them in integrating tools into their programs appropriately.
- Provide training and support for the network and partner staff on using digital tools.
- Note: Training may be delivered in person or remotely in tandem with the Policy, Communications and State Capacity Building Departments
- Administer EveryAction, Reach, Phone2Action, BallotReady, and other tools for State Voices tables. This includes managing user and security settings, providing technical assistance, and monitoring the use of the system to ensure compliance with state and national policies.
- Identify and champion opportunities to showcase best practices using the tools.
- Produce reports and other materials needed to track, support, and coordinate table work with the tools.
- Support relationships with vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Strong candidates will possess the following qualifications. Please consider applying even if you don’t meet all of them currently.
- Experience with advocacy and organizing.
- Experience using CRMs like EveryAction.
- Experience with relational organizing tools like Reach, Outreach Circle and Empower.
- Experience developing training materials and facilitating trainings and workshops, especially those explaining the use of technology and data to non-technical people.
- Diplomatic, professional, and creative approach to problem-solving while working independently or on a team.
- Eagerness to learn and an interest in helping to support the knowledge of others.
- Experience with managing several tasks and projects concurrently and prioritizing work effectively.
- Commitment to racial and gender equity and justice is required.
- Comfort working in a diverse community with people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Background in 501c3 work and/or the desire to work with progressive organizations.
- Experience administering VAN preferred.
- Experience with texting apps like Hustle and GetThru preferred.
- Experience with CSS and/or HTML preferred.
- Experience with social media preferred.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. as needed
- Send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements to [email protected] with the
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “Digital Training Manager”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by June 1, 2020.
- No calls please.
Compensation: Compensation is $65,000 to $75,000 depending on background and experience, and includes a full benefits package.
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.