State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
The Voter Registration Coordinator is a temporary, full-time position through October 2020 that will assist Silver State Voices partners in conducting voter registration programs that meet the highest possible standards. By conducting weekly visits on and off the field, the Voter Registration Coordinator will identify strengths and areas of improvement for partners to use in improving the effectiveness and accuracy of their activities.
This position will maintain relationships with organizations engaging in non-partisan civic engagement in communities of color. The role of the Voter Registration Coordinator is to support efforts of partner organizations through site delegation and maintenance, as well as office and field trainings. The position is full-time and reports to the Program Manager.
- Program Evaluation: Evaluate program based on observations from partner office and field visits and provide suggestions regarding course correction as needed.
- Track progress to goal for each partner
- Pull reports around progress to goal on a weekly basis
- Report progress to goal to Program Manager on a weekly basis
- Support: Provide training and support for partners on a range of topics including but not limited to sites where voter registration can be collected, management, hiring, retention, diplomacy, and work plans.
- Field Visits: Conduct visits to partners’ offices, as well as sites or events where partners are conducting voter registration. Reports to Program Manager on the visits.
- Site Coordination: Support partners in managing their schedules for sites where voter registration can be collected.
- Lead Weekly Calls: Lead check-ins with each partner to monitor progress to goal, provide updates, and programmatic support.
- Field Staff Calls: Convene all partners’ field staff for monthly check-ins.
- Partner Communication: Provide ongoing open channels between the Table and partners on program, data, updates, etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- A strong commitment to the civic engagement of historically underrepresented communities.
- An understanding of voter registration programs and at least one year experience in labor, political, or community organizing or political campaigns.
- Ability to work diplomatically in a coalition setting, delivering results from a diverse set of stakeholders that the position does not directly oversee.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work well under pressure, be detail-oriented, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, time management, oral and written communications skills.
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Dropbox.
- Ability to learn and use an online database platform.
- Must have reliable access to transportation.
- Commitment to Racial and Gender Equity.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (or another language) a plus.
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected]
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “Nevada Voter Registration Coordinator”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by August 30th, 2019
- No calls please
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, through October 2020
Location: The position is located in Las Vegas, NV
Compensation: Salary is $40,000-$45,000 commensurate with experience, along with a benefits package including medical, vision, dental, 401(k), and more.
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.