State Voices seeks a Voter Registration Data and Program Manager to support and expand the organization’s voter registration programs across the network. The Voter Registration Data and Program Manager will report to the Deputy Director East of Data and Technology and will work directly with State Voices state and national data staff, partner staff, vendors and consultants to develop and present training components, implement best practices for Voter Registration Data and Quality Control processes, and ensure data integrity and integrations across multiple platforms and programs.
About State Voices
State Voices is a national network of nonpartisan, state-based coalitions working year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive and representative democracy by engaging marginalized and underrepresented communities and strengthening the organizations and leaders that serve them.
Since 2008, our network has been a catalyst for the expansion of non-partisan voter engagement. We have worked to increase voter registration and turnout, combat voter suppression efforts, and advocate for policies that benefit low-income families, people of color, women, youth, the environment, and more. Our 23 state “tables” – comprised of more than 700 grassroots organizations – continue to build enduring power through coordinated planning and campaigns, shared resources, data-driven accountability, and leadership development.
State Voices provides the organizations in our network with the tools and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy. We advance this work through three (3) national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration, GOTV, issue advocacy, and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration), and Civic Representation (census, redistricting, and “money in politics”).
- Work with state tables to help develop voter registration goals and strategies for their partners, and to reevaluate goals as needed.
- Help develop state-based training curriculum for state tables to present to their partners.
- Work with partners and stakeholders to produce timely data centric reports covering voter registration work performed by State Voices and partners.
- Work with State Voices data staff, partner data staff, and consultants such as VVN to manage the flow of data related to ongoing voter registration work.
- Work with national data team and the state Data Managers to improve standards around training curriculums and materials for national and state based trainings.
- Train and coach tables to use best practices for using data to drive voter registration programs.
- Assist in development and delivery of trainings related to voter registration data and associated technologies (BLOCKS, VAN VRT, Captricity, and others) and attend trainings and check-ins in states where high volume voter registration work is ongoing.
- Serve as a top tier support asset and single point of contact supporting voter registration technologies, advising in-state and partner data and quality control staff on best practices, support issues, and trouble tickets.
- Identify and/or create new tools and reporting for table staffs to maximize their voter registration programs and goals.
- Work with state data managers and national staff on analysis and reporting of voter registration data to maximize program results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- One or more cycles/years working with at scale Voter Registration, GOTV, or Advocacy Voter Contact data.
- At least one cycle of experience using and administering NGP VAN’s Voter Activation Network (The VAN) tool.
- Familiarity with additional common data tools (SQL, EXCEL, Tableau).
- Experience developing trainings and creating training documentation.
- Ability to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse communities, particularly with staff and leaders from grassroots community organizations rooted in communities of color.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work and stay poised under pressure.
- Bilingual capacities in English and Spanish a plus.
- Must be willing to travel around the U.S. as needed.
Please send a short cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with an initial round of interviews beginning February 15, 2019.
Compensation: Compensation is $60,000 to $75,000 depending on background and experience, and includes a full benefits package.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at State Voices, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.