State Voices seeks a Voter Registration and Training Data Manager to support the organization’s voter registration programs across multiple states. The Voter Registration and Training Data Manager will report to the Director of Data and Technology and will work directly with State Voices state and national data staff, partner staff, vendors and consultants to develop and present training components, implement best practices for Voter Registration Data and Quality Control processes, and ensure data integrity and integrations across multiple platforms and programs.
About State Voices
State Voices is committed to creating a fair and just society by advancing racial equity and working to make our democracy more accessible, inclusive, and representative.
Our network of 23 nonpartisan state coalitions, called “tables,” works with hundreds of grassroots organizations to break down barriers to civic participation and to bring underrepresented and marginalized populations―and their issues―to the center of public discourse. State Voices tables connect these groups to one another and to organizations from different sectors, creating multi-cultural, multi-issue coalitions that can leverage their collective power to transform our democracy.
State Voices fights for our democracy by focusing on civic access, civic engagement, and civic representation. We identify emerging trends in fundamental policy areas (voter registration, voter protection, Get Out the Vote, 2020 U.S. Census and redistricting reform) and share them with our diverse network of partner organizations working on critical issues ranging from reproductive rights to environmental justice. Additionally, through our Tools for All program, we provide participating organizations with access to data and technology to help them engage more effectively with their communities and with one another.
- Work with partners and stakeholders to produce timely data centric reports covering voter registration work performed by State Voices and partners.
- Work with State Voices data staff, partner data staff, and consultants such as VVN to manage the flow of data related to ongoing voter registration work.
- Work with national data team and the state Data Managers to improve standards around training curriculums and materials for national and state based trainings.
- Train and coach individuals and national partner organizations to use best practices for using data to drive voter registration programs.
- Assist in development and delivery of trainings related to voter registration data and associated technologies (BLOCKS, VAN VRT, Captricity, and others) and attend trainings and check-ins in states where high volume voter registration work is ongoing.
- Serve as a top tier support asset and single point of contact supporting voter registration technologies, advising in-state and partner data and quality control staff on best practices, support issues, and trouble tickets.
- Identify and/or create new tools and reporting for table staffs to maximize their voter registration programs and goals.
- Work with state data managers and national staff on analysis and reporting of voter registration data to maximize program results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- One or more cycles/years working with at scale Voter Registration, GOTV, or Advocacy Voter Contact data.
- Prior experience using and administering NGP VAN’s Voter Activation Network (The VAN) tool.
- Familiarity with additional common data tools (SQL, EXCEL, Tableau);
- Experience developing trainings and creating training documentation;
- Ability to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed;
- Willingness to travel out of state (approximately 3-5 days per month);
- Ability to work well with people from diverse communities, particularly with staff and leaders from grassroots community organizations rooted in communities of color;
- Problem solving skills and ability to work and stay poised under pressure;
- Bilingual capacities in English and Spanish a plus.
- Must be willing to travel around the U.S. as needed.
Please send a short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with an initial round of interviews beginning February 1, 2019.
Compensation: Compensation is $60,000 to $75,000 depending on background and experience, and includes a full benefits package.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at State Voices, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.