Win|Win is a network of progressive organizations coming together to advance racial, social, and economic justice across Washington through civic and political engagement. Our partners work together to build a new political landscape that inspires people; where individuals engage because they see themselves and their values reflected across our democracy. Win|Win provides our network with strategic coordination, data and research, and individual technical assistance to increase our ability to create change together.
We are a small but passionate team that takes pride in building an organizational culture rooted in trust, collaboration, and learning, with an ongoing commitment to becoming a transformative, anti-racist organization. We are committed to developing individual and team skills, sharing leadership, open communication, and a healthy work/life balance. We are also committed to creating a healthy virtual work environment during the COVID19 pandemic and are set up as a fully remote office.
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why we work year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
The Data Associate will primarily support table partners with VAN (Voter Activation Network) administration, basic training, and technical assistance in order to implement their voter engagement work, including advising on the use of voter contact tools. The Data Associate will be part of our Program Team and supervised by the Program Director. This position can be fulfilled remotely and does not require relocation to the Seattle area.
VAN Administration & Partner Support (70%)
- Administer VAN (Voter Activation Network) for partner organizations and their consultants. This includes managing user and security settings; providing technical assistance; and monitoring the use of the system to ensure compliance with state and national policies.
- Some examples of VAN work include, but are not limited to, creating basic lists, creating survey questions and activist codes, creating scripts, setting up phone banks, bulk uploading data, etc.
- Advise partner organizations on the use of voter contact tools and assist them in integrating appropriate voter contact and data tools into their engagement programs.
- Support our Win|Win Network partner organizations in the use of civic engagement and voter contact tools, and assist them in assessing and implementing data integration into programs.
- Host virtual training in VAN basics for our network partners
- Improve network partners’ data through list matching and providing training on better data hygiene and data collection practices.
- Participate in regular national data calls with State Voices and America Votes, and support national efforts to maintain and strengthen state and national data systems.
- Pull voter data lists and compile other reports and resources to support partner efforts
- Additional duties may be assigned within the course of the work.
- Strong understanding of common direct voter contact programs and at least one campaign cycle (6-12 months) using the VAN (Voter Activation Network)
- Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines.
- Sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people possessing different skill levels.
- Must be able to work professionally and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts, constituents, and vendors.
- Experience working in coalition with partners, or experience working in diverse communities, particularly in communities of color.
- A willingness and aptitude to seek out and learn new technical skills that will further our mission and assist in presenting data to partners in an accessible manner.
- Background in 501(c)(3) / 501(c)(4) work
- Experience in civic engagement, campaigns and/or issue advocacy
- Working knowledge of Excel / Google Sheets is a plus
- Experience with ThruText / Hustle texting platforms is a plus
- Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “Data Associate” in the subject line.
- If you have any specific questions about applying please email [email protected] .
Terms of Employment: The preferred start date for this position is June 22, 2020, or as soon as possible thereafter. Position ends on December 11, 2020. The selected candidate will be eligible to apply for future positions at Win|Win (if available) after the end date for the Data Associate role, but selection for this role does not guarantee or suggest a guarantee of future employment.
Compensation: $4,000 per month and 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, sick time, and 10 paid holidays per calendar year. This is a full time (40 hours/week) temporary salaried position that requires a willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours (including on-call nights and weekends during peak periods of the campaign season).
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Win/Win, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.